Costing Analyst/Accounts Payable
Full time or part-time job
Picture yourself teamed up with some of the smartest, skillful, people in the Boston Area working to redesign, restore and make beautiful again, some of the finest homes in the best neighborhoods in and around Boston. We have thousands of glowing customer reviews, and 35 years’ worth of delighted, repeat, customers. Our clients love us because we listen to what they want and make their dreams a reality!
We’re fanatics about getting things done right, and on time! We work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment where building relationships with your co-workers, creating a great company culture and going the extra mile for each other is valued and promoted.
This position works closely with the CEO and Finance Manager to efficiently compile financial data at the project level to assemble highly accurate job costing metrics and information. Additionally, this position is responsible for all accounts payable responsibilities for our rapidly growing, entrepreneurial, privately owned business. This position requires exposure to confidential information requiring considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Daily intensive phone/email/text communications with CEO, Finance Manager, Sales team and company team members, clients, subcontractors, vendors and other stakeholders
- Work with the Finance team to assist in processing electronic payments, digitally signed contracts, invoices and other financial documents
- Analyzes costs by various criteria on a regular basis
- Ensure data integrity and consistency throughout the life cycle of a job
- Work closely with Production team throughout project lifecycle, assessing profitability, actuals vs. budgets, assisting with final payments upon completion
- Receive, process, verify, and reconcile invoices daily
- Charge expenses to proper accounts and cost centers daily
- Reconcile statements from vendors monthly
- Manages Accounts Payable reports, issues, projects
- Review missing invoice queries/reports and contact the appropriate department and vendor
- Daily use of Zoho apps, updating data, researching and sharing information in database
- Receive, photocopy, distribute, and file a variety of incoming and outgoing correspondence and reports
- Undertake projects, research data and make special studies, requiring independent decisions and conclusions
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors or Associate Degree Required
- Experience processing accounts payable using Bill.com
- Experience with QuickBooks Online
- Experience using Microsoft Excel to prepare spreadsheets, including creating formulas, sorting data, preparing reports
- Experience with Zoho CRM/Expense/Receipts or other CRM
Competencies (Skills and Abilities):
Strong customer service experience with the ability to work in a cross functional team environment. You are good-natured, highly organized, super detail-oriented, calm under pressure and collaborative, and thrive in a fluid, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment. You inspire confidence with your discretion, excellent time management, executive functioning and communication skills.
- Highly accurate and self-motivated with the ability to communicate and execute in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong ability to multi-task, prioritize, maintain focus, and manage multiple projects at once
- Effective interpersonal skills—able to quickly establish rapport with all stakeholders (internal and external)
· Attention to detail, thoroughness, organization, analyzing information, vendor relationships, PC proficiency, data entry skills, general math skills
· Use initiative and judgment in analyzing information within the specifications of standard practice and established guidelines
· Great organizational and problem-solving abilities with excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently while being a great team player
- Strong attention to details, with the ability to manage strategy and details concurrently
- Sincere empathy and fierce desire to retain, gain and grow customers
- Strong communication skills with the ability to manage all aspects of client and stakeholder engagement
- Computer and online proficiency (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Gmail), willingness to learn Zoho CRM, OneClick, Bill.com
- Ability to work within teams which are internally/externally-based and cross functional
- Demonstrated independent work initiative, sound judgment, diplomacy, analytical ability and professional appearance and demeanor
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extensive phone and computer use
· Daily attendance in Newton, MA corporate office Monday-Friday (no weekends required)
· Has reliable transportation to and from our office in Newton MA
- Valid Driver's License (preferred)
· Starting at $50,000+ (full-time) depending on experience
· Benefits package including medical, dental insurance + IRA match
Two weeks paid vacation + sick days + personal days + paid holidays