Inside Sales Associate
INSIDE SALES ASSOCIATE
Picture yourself teamed up with some of the smartest, skillful, people in the Boston Area working to redesign, restore and make beautiful again, some of the finest homes in the best neighborhoods in and around Boston. We have thousands of glowing customer reviews, and 35 years' worth of delighted, repeat, customers. Our clients love us because we listen to what they want and make their dreams a reality!
We're fanatics about getting things done right, and on time! We work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment where building relationships with your co-workers, creating a great company culture and going the extra mile for each other is valued and promoted.
In joining our Sales team, our personal development program is designed to give top candidates an opportunity to develop sales and business development skills while enhancing their communication skills, industry knowledge and familiarity with our company and our customers while making top dollar for their efforts. We are looking for talented people at entry-level who are passionate about home improvement that want to developing top selling and business development skills learning from a very talented team of highly successful sales superstars. Inside Sales Associates are responsible for generating sales from warm and cold leads as well as supporting outside sales team in generating quotes and securing new business. We are seeking sincerely motivated and reliable candidates looking for a unique opportunity in a small business that has been successful for over 35 years in the home improvement industry.
This entry-level program is designed to be a 6-12 month high-touch, individualized coaching and training sales program ultimately leading to a six-figure sales position within our company. You will be working with a privately owned company and part of a team, not just a company. This program gives you all the skills to succeed as a highly effective Inside or Outside sales professional if you are ambitious, motivated, with a sincerely optimistic outlook and an interest in design or home improvement services. This includes paid training and personal attention as you begin or extend your career as a successful sales professional.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Intensive training and education on company products and services, best practices in generating new business and how to succeed as a talented sales professional in anticipation of a highly successful sales career
- Daily intensive phone/email/text communications with VP of Sales, Outside Sales Team members, internal team members, customers, vendors and other stakeholders to ensure the highest customer service experience and delivery of accurate, detailed price quotes/contracts
- Supporting Outside Sales team in scheduling appointments, generating price estimates for paint, carpentry and remodeling services including calculating square/linear footage, researching fixtures, assembling specs, verifying all paperwork necessary for hand off to Production
- Participate in frequent customer/designer meetings (virtual and in-person)
- Attend weekly Sales team meetings for coaching, training, mentoring opportunities with successful Outside Sales team members and senior management with desire to commit to a defined sales process
- Daily communication with prospects and repeat customers, updating CRM database, maintaining progress updates with internal team members
- Work with the Finance team to assist in processing electronic payments, digitally signed contracts, invoices and other financial documents
- Receive, photocopy, distribute, and file a variety of incoming and outgoing correspondence and reports
- In a structured training/coaching program with supervision, successful candidates will progress to outbound calling to homeowners that have expressed interest in our products/services (100-150 dials per day minimum) including prospecting, follow-up calls as appropriate
- Identify client's needs and provide solutions tailored to those needs
- Update all prospecting activities into sales database
- Achieve daily and weekly goals necessary to maintain company growth
- Serve as a consultant and provide useful product knowledge to current customers and prospects
- Acquire, retain and constantly develop industry knowledge
- Represent our company and brand with professionalism and integrity
- More delegated responsibility ensuring you have impact on the entire organization
- Monthly/quarterly company-wide meetings to include all team members on the company's progress towards goals and achievements
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors or Associate Degree Required
- Customer Service Experience a plus
Competencies (Skills and Abilities):
Strong customer service experience with the ability to work in a cross functional team environment. You are good-natured, highly organized, super detail-oriented, calm under pressure and collaborative, and thrive in a fluid, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment. You are comfortable in a dynamic environment, supporting multiple team members. You inspire confidence with your excellent time management, customer service and communication skills.
- Highly goal-oriented and self-motivated with the ability to communicate and execute in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong ability to multi-task, prioritize, maintain focus, and manage multiple projects at once
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills able to quickly establish rapport with all stakeholders (internal and external)
- Able to absorb and articulate technical information
- Great organizational and problem-solving abilities with excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently while being a great team player
- Provide timely support via phone and/or email in response to customer inquiries including but not limited to entering estimates, material/supply orders, and providing product data
- Strong attention to details, with the ability to manage strategy and details concurrently
- Sincere empathy and fierce desire to retain, gain and grow customers
- Computer and online proficiency (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Gmail), willingness to learn Zoho CRM, OneClick
- Understanding of basic math, reading, and writing skills
- Demonstrated sound judgment, diplomacy, analytical ability and professional appearance and demeanor
- Sincere interest in obtaining feedback on skills, progress towards goals from successful sales team members while accepting coaching and training on all aspects of prospecting and closing new business
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extensive phone and computer use
- Daily attendance in Newton, MA corporate office Monday-Friday (no weekends required)
- Valid Driver's License (preferred)
Visit TomCurrenCompanies.com to learn more about what we do and how happy our customers are!